By Sara Jerome
Thousands of people got ill from norovirus contaminated water bottles in Spain last month.
“On April 25, the health department in Catalonia said that more than 4,100 people in the region came down with vomiting and diarrhea, symptoms of the notorious ‘stomach bug’ called norovirus, between April 11 and April 18. The illnesses were linked to contaminated office water coolers that were distributed to hundreds of companies in the cities of Barcelona and Tarragona,” Live Science reported.
Benjamin Chapman, an associate professor and food safety specialist at North Carolina State University, said norovirus may have contaminated the water at the location where it was bottled. The water was bottled in Andorra. Chapman is not a part of the investigation.
Watch it on Youtube: So Schützen Sie Sich – NoroVirus Inkubationszeit